Clear Poly Tubing, or Poly Tubing on Rolls continues increase as a popular alternative to clear poly bags, but have you bought them online?
Are you a traditional buyer of clear poly tubing, clear poly bags and other plastic bags? If so, you may never have bought clear poly tubing online.
If so, you may have some questions:
- How do I find stores online for clear poly tubing?
- Can some of these polyethylene tubing suppliers rip me off?
- What factors are important when choosing a company supplying clear poly tubing on rolls?
- How do I find the cheapest clear poly tubing?
These are all important questions that need to be asked before making a large purchase online. Lets attempt to answer them here:
How do I find stores online for clear poly tubing?
Well, if you’ve found this article, you’ve probably done a search on Google or some other search engine, and that’s a good start, but how do you know which store to pick? Are the stores in the ads better than the other ones? Is the store at the top of the list the best?
Well, no. Here’s the deal…when you do a search on Google you’ll see some ads appear at the top and at the side. If you’re new to the internet you may not know that someone paid for the ad you see on clear poly tubing. Google “adwords” is one of the fastest ways to get your product seen. Just plug in an ad, the search term you want, and with enough money, Google will place your ad near the top of the search page. And the stores that come up first on the “organic” search results? Well, if they’re number one, there’s a good bet that they are “relevent” to your search term, but there’s no guarantee, or even indication that they are a good clear poly tubing supplier. In fact, there’s a small chance that they could be a “spammer” – someone using “black hat” search engine tricks to get to the top of the list.
Can some of these clear polyethylene tubing suppliers rip me off?
You bet! Treat clear polyethylene tubing internet stores like you do regular walk in stores to be sure they’re real.
Does the site look professional?
Can you find a physical address that’s in a reputable country? (you may need to look under “contact”_
Do they have an 800# to contact them? If you’re not sure about the site, you may want to call them and see if someone who really knows what they’re doing answers.
What factors are important when choosing a company supplying clear poly tubing on rolls?
- Do they have a contact number, preferably a 1-800 number, clearly posted?
- Does the poly tubing distributor have a secure check out? When you’ve added items to your “basket” and proceed to “check out”, look at the sites URL, or address located near the top of your browser. If you’re in “secure” check out mode, the URL should start with “https” not “http” the added “s” indicates it’s secure. If it’s not secure, it’s possible that someone could intercept your credit card information. Legitimate website stores will have a secure checkout.
- Does the site have a security certificate indicating that it’s been tested by a company like Trust-Guard with PCI Scanning to protect your website from hackers and vulnerabilities? Does it have a privacy seal indicating your personal information is secure and won’t be sold? Security certificates on clear poly tubing sites are not only an indication that the company is legitimate, but that your information is safe.
- Does the clear poly tubing company have “Live Chat”? Live Chat allows you to “speak” to them by clicking on a button. A window opens and allows you to ask them questions without calling them. This a super feature – I use it all the time on all sorts of sites. Typically, your wait time for live chat is little to none and you can get right down to the point without the necessities of engaging them in conversation.
- What is their return policy? A polyethylene supplier should have a clearly stated return policy somewhere on their site. Because the shipping on this type of packaging material is expensive, you should expect to pay for shipping both ways unless there is a mistake on their part. Be sure you know what you’re ordering and have the order right.
- Do they have a large inventory? Large inventories take time to build and indicates that they probably have a relationship with more than one supplier. These are indications of a company that’s been around a while and is able to keep relationships with multiple suppliers.
- Is it easy to find what you want? We were amazed at how difficult it was to find anything at some of the poly tubing websites we visited. If it takes more than a minute to find what you want, leave the site or if it’s something unusual, use Live Chat or call the website’s 1-800# (if you can find it).
How do I find the cheapest clear poly tubing?
Whether you’re making a one time purchase or will continue to use a website to buy clear poly tubing on a regular basis, be careful in picking the cheapest supplier. Anyone experienced in buying packaging material like clear polyethylene bags or tubing can tell you that you may not get what you ordered. It’s not uncommon to find “rip off” suppliers who “short” your orders. Are you going to count your 10,000 clear poly bags? Are you going to measure your 500 ft. roll of clear poly tubing? How will you know you’re not getting ripped off? Well, you won’t. That’s why it’s important to find a supplier who’s cheap, but reputable and has the qualities we talked about earlier in this article.
While there’s no simple way to always know who the cheapest supplier is, when you look around, you’ll want to be sure you’re comparing “apples with apples”. Look at the size, length, thickness (mil), and quantity of the clear poly tubing. You might also want to check out the shipping charges.
Who do you recommend?
Clear Poly Tubing Reviews reviewed over 50 clear poly tubing suppliers in 2009 and listed several of the sites that come up in a Google search in our 2013 Clear Poly Tubing Review. See the review for more details, or go right to our winning supplier, Packergy.com
copyright clearpolytubing.com 2009